CAKE, CAKE, CAKE I LOVE CAKE!
We baked cakes today but I must admit that this idea is entirely not my own. The recipe is but the idea i pinched from a recent event we attended at Paultons Park for the release of their new Magma Ride where the cakes are made to look like volcanoes.
The children will love these cupcakes and they will have fun in doing them too.
150g Self Raising Flour
150g Stork Butter
150g Caster Sugar
4 Large Spoons of Cocoa Powder
2 Large Eggs, beaten
tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tbsp Milk
12 Silicone muffin cases
Chocolate spread/Smooth chocolate
Red and Yellow Food Colouring
1. Preheat the oven at 190 gas mark 5
2. Cream together the butter and caster sugar in a bowl
3. Pour in the eggs, adding a little at a time and to stop the mixture from curdling just add in some of the flour
4. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla essence. Mix together
5. Place the mixture a spoonful at a time into the muffin cases. After the first spoonful place a large dollop of chocolate on top then put on another spoonful of the cake mixture on top of the chocolate,
hopefully when cooked this chocolate will still be soft inside the cake and will make a nice texture to it
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, Take out and leave to cool on a wire rack
7. Make up the icing by pouring out some icing sugar into a small bowl and adding a few drops of the food colouring and water until i got the right consistency. You want it be quite thick but with a little softness to it so when you place in top of the cakes it will run down the sides slowly. Make two lots of the icing one in red and one in yellow/orange
8. Now the cakes are cool you need to take them out of the cases and turn them upside down and place them back into a paper case. Now place the red icing on the top and let it dry before adding the yellow/orange icing on top of the red icing. Try and let the icing to run down the side making it look like the magma erupting out of the volcano.