With the Summer holidays coming up, more and more if us will be dining Al Fresco. With the hot, hazy days ahead of us, what better way to eat your evening meal on the BBQ.
We do love a BBQ!
We are always on the look out for healthier ways to dine outside. As a family we are cutting down on the amount of red mead that we eat and introducing more vegetables and fish
Vita Coco Coconut oil is 100% raw, organic and cold pressed making it the ultimate cooking ingredient. It can be used in place of other cooking oils in baking and frying, it can even be added in to your coffee or used to whiten your teeth.
This recipe is a quick and easy meal to do on the hot rocks or in the oven if the weather decides to ruin your day.
Fillet of salmon
2 tbsp Vita Coco Oil
1 chopped clove of garlic
tsp of chopped chilli flakes
1 tbsp cider vinegar
tbsp of chopped mint and coriander
Pink himalayan salt
Half the juice of a lime
- Place the fillet of salmon onto some tin foil
- Drizzle over some olive oil and a pinch of himalayan salt
- In a small pot, add in the vita coco oil, chilli flakes, lime juice, chopped garlic and the chopped mint and coriander. Mix well.
- Place over the top of the fillet and then wrap it up into the tin foil, creating a parcel.
- Once your BBQ is nice and hot, place onto the grill and cook until the salmon flakes easy with a fork, roughly about 15 minutes.
Serve with a side salad and some slices of lemon.
Whats good about this recipe is that once you have wrapped the salmon in the foil parcel it can be placed into the fridge ready to use later on in the day. Especially saving time when you are entertaining.
This is my entry into the Foodies100/Vita Coco #reachforthebeach competition