My brother has recently moved into his new home and I wanted to give him a quirky home-made card; something that showed that I had put some thought into it, something that was little different to what you could buy in the shops, with a personal touch to it.
This is what I came up with
You will need:
Small Wooden Peg (I have attached a little wooden heart on to mine)
Patch Liner Relief Paint ( gel ink)
- First I searched for the address using online Maps and I screenshot the page. I looked at a normal view and a satellite view.
- From the screenshot, using photo editor, I cropped the area that I wanted to use and copied in onto a word document
- I printed out the map images onto strong paper
- Fold the coloured card into half to create a card
- Making sure the road that the new house is on I drew out a puzzle piece onto one of the maps images and cut it out
- I stuck the satellite image down onto the front of the card in the middle
- I stuck the wooden peg into the top left corner of the card and pinching it open I placed the image puzzle piece in
- I decorated the rest of the front with a single red button and wrote New Home
I loved how the card turned out, It has the personal touch and didn’t take much time to put together.
Hope you find this post helpful 🙂