These are quick and simple to make but taste so good. Perfect starter for a chinese meal or even served up with plain rice as a main meal.
- 3 chicken breast
- wooden skewers
- vegetable oil
- 2/3 tbsp Peanut butter – smooth or chunky (i use both)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp garlic and chilli flakes- optional
- Thinly slice the chicken breast length ways, so that you have long strips. If they are too wide slice them again.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Combine the soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, sugar and the chilli flakes in the pan and mix well.
- Add in the peanut butter and honey and simmer. Mix well.
- Take off of the hob once all combined and cooled, toss in the chicken pieces, coat well and leave to one side so that the chicken can soak up some of the flavours.
- Take your skewers and place the chicken onto them in a snake fashion-s
- Organise into a baking dish, making sure that the skewers fit in. Add any of the peanut mixture that is left in the pan.
- Bake in the oven at 180 for about 15-20 minutes. Check that the chicken has cooked all the way through.
- Plate them up adding some of the sauce that has dripped into the dish over the top of the cooked chicken
The chicken is succelent and the peanut sauce is smooth, Perfect with a glass of presecco 🙂