My younger boys love to craft, for one it keeps them busy and out of mischief and for another it is fun and they love to see their final finished product, of which they are proud of.
YellowMoon have 1000s of craft products online ranging from creation packs, themed activities, scratch art, fun with wood and fabric and all of the craft essentials you will need to create a masterpiece.
We was recently sent a box full of YellowMoon goodies to try out, we received:
- Seaside Wooden Windchimes (pack of 4) £3.49
- Boat Ceramic Coin Banks (box of 4) £4.99
- Sand & Glitter Art Picture Sheets (Pack of 8) £2.99
- Glitter Shakers (Set of 6) £2.99 was £3.50
- Star Hero Foam Mask Kits (Pack of 4) £3.49
- Mermaid Peg Doll Kits (pack of 4) £3.99
- Gnome Cushion Sewing Kits (Pack of 2) £4.99
- Bring the joys of the seaside into your home with these wonderful wooden wind chimes. Each pack comes with four assorted designs – yacht, beach hut, lighthouse and a bucket and spade. Each windchime is already supplied with metal chimes which are attached via some cord.
We painted our wind chimes with normal kids craft paint and then drew on them using sparkle decopatch pens.
A fun craft activity that make colourful hanging displays in and around the house and garden
- The Boat ceramic money boxes come in a box of 4, ready to be decorated with paint, pens or even sequins.
These little boats, approx 12cm come with a removable plastic stopper and are a fabulous way to encourage children to save money.
The boys enjoyed getting messy with this activity and as soon as they boats were dry they were placing them on the sideboard and filling them up with coins that they pinched from my purse 🙂 They now have their own little individual saving banks and whats great is that they know what one is theirs as they decorated it themselves.
- Create some fabulous pieces of art with sand or glitter with these Sand & Art picture sheets. The pack comes with 8 assorted designs – Fish, Boat, Flower, Robot, Butterfly, Spaceman, Rainbow and a Dinosaur. Each sheet is 21cm x 15cm. Whats great about this activity is that the sheets are pre-cut revealing a sticky surface, no gluey mess or sticky hands!
We used the Glitter shakers to create our little art masterpieces. They come in 6 assorted colours in a 15g pot, they can be poured or sprinkled.
- Become a master of disguise with these Star Hero foam masks, they come in a pack of with assorted designs. Each kit comes with foam masks already with the elastic attached and self adhesive shaped stickers.
The instructions are easy to follow and even my youngest who is three found it easy to peel off the backing from the stickers. Every child loves to act out being a hero and these kits are ideal for role play. The foam is strong and sturdy making them perfect for play outside and in.
- The mermaid peg dolls were fun to make but the youngest found it a little difficult as they are quite small and fiddly for his little hands, he still gave it a go. The kit comes with 4 assorted colours – Green, Blue, Purple and Pink. Each kit includes wooden pegs, foam pieces, wool and self adhesive pearls and felt pieces.
I wasn’t sure if my boys would enjoy making the mermaids but I was wrong, they concentrated on following the instructions and created their own little wooden peg dolls.
- These little gnomes are very cute and an ideal introduction to sewing for the little ones. My son loved this activity, it really helped with his concentration. He picked up the sewing really quickly and was so proud of what he had produced. Each contains 2 assorted designs, each with pre-punched felt shapes, self adhesive felt pieces, wool, plastic needle and stuffing. The Gnome cushion size is 24cm.
My son enjoyed the sewing part as much as he enjoyed stuffing the gnome.
Decorating the gnome was easy as you had pre-cut self adhesive stickers to use and the instructions were easy to follow. The instructions have no words, but just pictures which makes it ideal for younger ones to follow
Hope you like reading this post, pop on over to YellowMoon and see what other crafts they have to offer.
No payment has been received for this post. We received the crafts to do at home as part of being a Yellowmoon blogger