Nervous Mummy / First day of Filming for my Son

I couldn’t sleep, I felt sick, my stomach was turning and turning and it felt like a washing machine doing a spin cycle. I couldn’t relax and was tossing and turning trying my hardest to get comfortable. So many things was going through my mind, I was finding it hard to focus on resting and sleeping. I checked the clock 3:45, my alarm was set for 4:45 so i had another hour of this uncomfortableness to go. I tried to get back to sleep, I closed my eyes but i just couldn’ relax, I had that feeling in the pit of my tummy, I was worried! I was scared! But what of? I’m not pregnant nor am i Ill! No, it had nothing to do with me. It was my eldest sons first day of filming on set of the ‘Call the Midwife’ show. I was scared for him not having mummy by his side, i was worried that i wouldn’t get him to set on time for his call. Would he get on with everyone else and how was he going to cope being filmed? would he clam up and all of a sudden become too shy to be filmed? and is it going to be too much for him? All these things were running through my head after all he is still my baby at 9 years old he will never stop being my baby and all i want to do is watch over him and do my best for him. Thats one of the reasons I got jak into a performing children’s agency, he enjoys acting and being on stage but i wanted to give him a chance of having a good start in acting, you see he wants to be an actor when he grows up. Performing is brilliant for his confidence and he is never too shy to walk up onto stage in front of hundreds of people and i do believe that this will help if he ever gets a job in an office if he has to give a talk in a board room, hopefully he would be less nervous because of the experience he has had whilst he was younger through his acting.

Jak’s call time to be on set was for 7:50, it is only 23 miles away from our house, but them miles are the other side of London to where we live which means either is it a 40 minute drive in the car or a 1 and a half hour train journey travelling through the city of London. The car journey would take us on a very busy road jam-packed with commuters going to the big city for work so I was advised by the OH not to drive especially as I am not a very confident driver and not knowing the route so it was the train that was going to transport us to set. I had worked out the journey the night before but i was slightly worried that i had worked out the wrong route and what if the lines that i wanted to travel on wasn’t running or running late! I had planned the journey so it was the quickest route but also as i would have the baby in the buggy i wanted to make sure that there were the least steps at the stations for us to carry him up and down.

So after tossing and turning most of the night and having a restless sleep with all these thoughts running through my mind i decided to get up. I made myself a coffee, hoping it would settle my nerves plus i think i am going to need as much caffeine i can intake to get me through the day. There was going to be alot of waiting around for me and as there was licensed chaperones on set i wasn’t even sure that i was going to allow me to stay there so that was another thing that i was worried about, What would i do all day long?

We left the house at 5:15 caught the bus to the Train station to catch the tube into London, Once in London we had to catch another train which was an overhead fast one. Once we arrived at our destination station we had another short journey on a bus to get to location. We arrived at 6:30, not bad really! I booked Jak in and we was taken to a big trailer style bus that was there for the children to sit on, Jak quickly started making friends and left me sitting down on my own. When the runner called him to set along with the other children that was there for the filming too, he went off without saying goodbye to me. Why was i nervous and worried for him, he was getting on just fine. I took this time to have a little wander around with Oliver, the location was set amongst some gorgeous countryside surroundings and in a stunning building, so off i went with camera in hand to take some snap shots. Jak came back about an hour later, grinning from ear to ear and full of energy, he was loving it! He had really fitted in with everyone, children and adults and was having lots of fun and what an experience for him, he even got to meet some stars of the show which i think he may have pestered for their autographs. Jak was not nervous at all in fact he was the total opposite full of confidence and not even worried about all the rush that was going on around him.

He was released from set at 4:30 so it was a long day for him but i think he was running on adrenaline through the excitement. He has another 3 days of this, so I think this time next week he is going to be shattered, bless him! he still has school to attend when he is not on set and also has a performance at the local theatre this weekend for his drama school. I would love to share with you all what the show was about but unfortunately I can not but what I can say is it will be on at Christmas and I for one will be one very excited mummy sitting in front of the television set watching Call the Midwife desperately scanning the screen for my
Gorgeous little boys cheeky face. He may only be seen for a second but that second will be one huge proud moment of mine, one that I will never forget.

Thank you for reading and please do leave a comment as we love to receive them 🙂


0 thoughts on “Nervous Mummy / First day of Filming for my Son

  1. omg thats soooo awesome!!! wanted to watch the series but thought will be better after ive given birth- will have to be on the look out for him! congrats on such an amazing experience- bet your so proud! xx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.