A minced egg parcel is similar to a Scotch egg but the hard-boiled egg is enclosed in mincemeat and not sausage meat. It is then rolled in flour and breadcrumbs and fried.
- 450g Mincemeat
- Egg yolk and white
- 1tsp coriander
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1tbsp mustard
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 4 leaves basil, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Boil eggs in a sauce pan of boiling water for 6 minutes. Drain away hot water and leave to cool in cold water.
- In a clean bowl mix together mincemeat, spices, garlic, ginger, basil, mustard and the yolk of an egg (keep the egg white) . Season.
- Place some flour, and breadcrumbs onto separate plates. Put the egg white into a bowl
- Place an egg into the egg white and coat
- Take out a handful of the meat mixture and place onto a chopping board. flatten it out and put the coated egg onto it.
- Cover the whole egg with the meat by squashing it with your hands. Smooth it round.
- Coat it with some egg white, then roll it in the flour and then in the breadcrumbs
- Place the meat ball in a sizzling pan of oil. Keep turning
- Remove once browned all over
These little egg parcels are ideal for packlunches and picnics. They can be eaten cold or warm.
They are quick and easy to make , my children helped with mixing the mixture and with covering the egg with the meat.
Serve with spaghetti and sauce or with a little salad
TIP: Don’t over boil the egg, It is nice when it is a soft yolk but not runny.