Looking for a guilt free snack? Well look no further.
These nutty date bars are nothing but full of goodness. They are guilt free, healthy and delicious. What makes them special is that they are made from raw ingredients. There are no artificial flavourings, preservatives, added sugars added into the bars. You get the sweetness from the dates and coconut and a little crunch from the almonds and flax seeds.
Make them up in batches and store in the fridge ready to grab and go.
- 20 dates, sliced and de-stoned (medjool dates)
- 2 tbsp coconut water
- 3 handful of blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground milled flax
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp organic oats
- 3 tbsp oat bran
- Place the dates and the coconut water together in a processor and mix together until you have a paste.
- Add in the almonds and mix again, until the paste and almonds are ground together.
- Place the mixture into a bowl
- Add in all of the other ingredients and combine together (we added in the oat bran and coconut flour towards the end as it was too sticky)
- You may need to use your hands to mix well
- Place the mixture onto a sheet of cling film and model it into a square by pressing down with your fingers
- Place a sheet of clingfilm ont op and press down. Use a rolling-pin to get it flat and as square as you can.
- Put in to the freezer for a couple of hours
- Take out of the freezer and remove from the clingfilm. Cut up into bar shapes.
- Wrap each bar individually in cling film and place back into the fridge ready to eat.
These bars are very versatile and once you have the date mixture you can pretty much add anything you want.
They are perfect for picnics, pack lunches and to add into your bag for some food on the go. They are full of fibre and protein.