Cussons MumAndMe are currently
running a campaign to discover ‘Real Mum Confessions’. As a Mum there are often little handy cheats or clever ways of doing something so that we can get some more time to ourselves or a way of getting our children to do something they wouldn’t normally do, MumAndMe are calling these a #RealMumConfession.
Telling your kids the ice cream van only makes a noise when it has run out of lollies (this is a favourite of mine, only now the children are getting older and start to ask questions like “why are there people walking away with ice creams then?”)
Pretending broccoli is mini trees, in order to get the children to eat veggies. We also say that Cauliflowers are clouds, eggs are sunshine and sweet corn turns you into a giant.
Saying that the smoke alarm is Santa’s special camera and when it flashes, it’s him watching to see if you’ve been good or bad. (Now this is a good one, I like it!)
Cussons Mumandme are calling parents to join in and share their #RealMumConfession on their Twitter feed (@Mumandme_UK) to help mums feel better about these little cheats and shortcuts that we all use. They are also really good and interesting to read and can give us all some new ideas. They will be picking one confession at random to win a luxury spa day for two at The Sanctuary Spa in London, plus three runners up will win a selection of our products.
The competition is running until Friday 2 November.
Take a look at BBC’s Sarah Cox video here of her talking about the shortcuts she does in parenthood.
I told my eldest boy when he was younger that blackcurrant juice was coke cola to keep him away from drinking fizzy drinks, it wasn’t until he started to attend friends parties at the age of 6 that he started questioning why the drink that he got from the party was fizzy and tasted different to the one I have given him at home.
Another one of my cheats are to store a secret stash of chocolate in my bedside cabinet and high up in the kitchen cupboard behind the pasta so I can have a nibble when they are asleep and I do not need to share (Badmummy)
– The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over
– The main prize is a Time For Two Gift Voucher at The Sanctuary Spa in Covent Garden
– The cost of travel or any accommodation is not included in the prize
– Three runners up will receive a range of products each
– Winners will be picked at random
– No cash alternative will be given
– The prize is non-transferable
– Cussons Mum & Me has the right to withdraw the competition at any time
– The competition is live from Wednesday 10th October until 5pm on Friday 26th October 2012
– Winners will be announced within seven days of the competition closing
Good Luck 🙂