I’m so proud of my little boy, seeing him on the television is quite surreal. He has a bright and bubbly personality and is always giggling away at his big brothers. His laugh is infectious and he has that little cheeky grin that gets him anything that he wants.
We was overwhelmed to find out that Cow & Gate agree with us when they decided to put him on their new TV and Cinema advert. The Tv advert is 40 seconds long and is about feeding the childrens personality’s . The advert that is shown in the cinemas is 2 minutes long and shows a little bit more of Oliver and his infectious bubbly nature.
For those of you that haven’t seen the advert here its is…
Tonight sees my beautiful little Oliver star in his very first television advert and what and advert it is! It is non other than the Cow & Gate advert. I wrote about his experience in the casting and filming for it here
It will air tonight on ITV2 at 7:30
The Supergroup advert was created because as parents we love to see how our little ones grow into the little people that they are. The new campaign ‘Feed their personalities’ is about nurturing the little ones and feeding their personalities. A group of toddlers including my little Oliver were let loose in a recording studio to investigate instruments and equipment, my little one was in the studio itself as the director touching buttons and climbing on top of the controls. As each child begins to touch and play the instruments, the different sounds all come together to create a rendition of ‘Come On Eileen’ .
The advert is funny, charming and in my opinion utter brilliance.
Cow & Gate have done it again and created an advert that will pull at heart strings and have you bopping along to the little ones musical talent.
Hope you all enjoy watching it and don’t forget to let me know what you think 🙂
I have been meaning to join the reasons to be cheerful blog hop hosted by mummy from the heart for a while now but life seems to have been flying by too quickly for me lately and my ‘To Do’ list is just getting longer and longer. So this week I have decided to make some time and write up my post of what has made me happy this week
1. Oliver is now growing up to be a handsome little man and is learning new things everyday. He has been saying lots of new words this week like spider, more and all done. I love to hear him talk although Daddy doesn’t think he has been saying these words he says that he is just mumbling away and muttering anything but I know he’s talking and he repeats what he’s says too.
2. Oliver has just started to kiss, he makes the kiss noise aswell which is jut adorable. He also likes to blow kisses and wave goodbye. I caught him last night kissing himself in the mirror, how cute!
3. My mummy came to visit this week as she took Jak in for his last day of filming, I met her and my aunt up London and it was lovely to spend time with them in the area that they grew up in. I really enjoyed listening to them talk about their lifestyles when they were younger. My mum doesn’t live nearby so I don’t often get to spend time with her as when she is visiting she has to get round my brothers and sisters houses too.
4. Jak has really done us proud this week with his singing and acting. At the weekend he was a finalist in the ‘Park Resorts’ Got Talent and he sang his little heart out singing ‘Living on A Prayer’ he had the whole audience clapping, swaying and singing along with him, his performance was electric. Also this week was his last day filming for ‘Call The Midwife’ he has a fabulous two weeks filming for them. He has really enjoyed himself which makes me a very happy mummy.
5. Joseph got his spelling right at home and has really tried hard with them, writing them out and sounding each letter out every day.
6. With the weather getting colder, the OH took me out shopping to buy me some warm boots. He bought me some Bear Paw black sheep wool lined boots, they are really warm so I am really looking forward to wearing them to work, now my tootsies won’t be getting cold when I’m outside in the playground 🙂
7. We have decided to do some decorating on the house this week all we need to do now is agree on what colour the carpet and walls are going to be. I can’t wait to get the boys room all decorated and looking all grown up.
8. Joseph has been concentrating on his reading this week and instead of asking me to read a book to him he picked up the book and read it to himself out loud. This is the first time he has ever done this and I loved watching him read aloud. He was following the words with his fingers and even corrected himself when he said the wrong word.
9. I had a drink on Saturday night and thoroughly enjoyed a night out, after a few bottles glasses of wine I can definitely say I was very cheerful 🙂
10. We had some fabulous news about Oliver and his Cow & Gate shoot that he went on a couple of weeks ago, we received a phone call yesterday informing us that he has made it to the final cut on the television commercial. After I got off of the phone I felt like jumping for joy and screaming with delight! He makes us all smile everyday with his little infectious giggle and cute face so we’re really excited that his little cuteness will be on TV.
11. This week we saw Joseph’s Thomas the tank engine’ advert on The TV, you don’t get to see his little face but you go see his hands and body. When we all saw it we was all laughing and Joseph done a celebration dance. He loved seeing himself on the telly and I loved watching his reaction.
12. New words that Oliver has said are spider, shoe, clap and Joseph.
Those are my reasons to be cheerful this week, I’m sure I could go on and on with many more but they are the main ones, If you have some things making you cheery this week that you would like to share, then why not write a post, (like ive done) grab the blog hop code and link up here.
I recently blogged about Oliver’s audition for the Cow & Gate Commercial -read here – After thinking that he didn’t do very well as all he did was walk around the room and climb all over the other children as they was sitting down nicely playing with the musical instruments, Well I’m pleased to announce that he was selected to attend the final shoot. 🙂
I couldn’t believe it when i received the ‘Congratulations‘ email informing me of the good news, my little Oliver might just be on television and not any normal commercial it was one for a very well known baby brand, i love their TV adverts with the cute little ones giggling away and climbing onto furniture.
Once organising a Child Performance licence with our local borough we was given a Call Time for Oliver, we had to be in Islington at 9:30 in the morning, I think we were one of the first group of children to be filmed on the day.
Oliver didn’t have his normal morning sleep on that morning and by the time we arrived at the studios and after sitting in his stroller for the past hour and a half he was definitely in the mood to just run around and not listen to his mummy but just to get up to mischief. Once he was seen by wardrobe and changed into his filming clothes he decided that it would be fun to run away and make an exit for it by running through the door and down the hallway (I think he wanted to join the mother and toddler group that was being held in the other room). We didn’t have to wait long when we was called over along with another little boy to walk over to Angel studios where all the action was going to be filmed.
I had tried to settle Oliver down but that wasn’t going to happen, who was i kidding? all this commotion and lots of new faces and new objects to look at he wasn’t going to sit still so when it was our time for Oliver to make his debut appearance in front of the cameras he all hyper and couldn’t wait to go off and explore the new room he was being taken to.
I had been told that they wanted Oliver to walk into a recording studio, look around, touch things and be generally inquisitive. Oliver had to walk in on his own at first which was ok as he had no idea what he walking through the door to until he toddled in and looked up and saw about 8 grown up faces, cameras and lights all staring back at him, well what do you think he did? Yep! He just turned back round again and ran out the way he came in, out to me saying ‘Mum mum mum’ straight into my arms. He didn’t cry he just wasn’t sure of what he walked into so we tried another way, I walked in and once i was at the other side of the room Oliver followed me in. I had a tear in my eye he looked so small and so lost but he did smile and he seemed to be happy so they carried on filming. oliver sat on the Chair in front of the controls and sat and played with all the buttons, looked at all the flashing lights and even tried to climb on top of the control panel to get a closer look at everything lol.
Picture taken from the Angel Studios website
Oliver really enjoyed sliding the buttons up and down but unfortunately as much as i shouted his name and banged against things to make noise so he would look up so they could get a full view of his little face but he just wouldn’t look up, he probably didn’t understand what was going on and what 13 month old can take direction? I know my Oliver can do some things but telling him to ‘Look over here but keep playing with the buttons’ he just doesn’t understand lol.
After 15 minutes of climbing playing with the controls, putting on head phones, swivelling around on the chair and listening to music the shoot was over. We all went back to the first building where all the other children was waiting for their turn in front of the cameras, we had something to eat and sat around in a huge gymnasium hall where there was lots of toys set out for the little ones to play with. Oliver was now very tired and i couldn’t get him to sit down to eat let alone sit down and calm down to play all he wanted to do was run around trying to make everyone else laugh, he was loving the attention he was getting.
Their was lots of little ones at the shoot aged from 9 to 36 months old all from different child modelling agencies and a few that Cow & Gate had auditioned privately, I do believe that all of the children had to do the same things but obviously the older they were the more directable and being able to take orders they was. Because of Olivers age they was only able to keep him for 3 hours and they had one more shoot they wanted him to do so off we went back to the studio for some more filming but this time he was teamed up with an other little boy and placed into the studio to sit on the floor and investigate all of the musical instruments that was placed around on the floor, the first thing oliver did was to place his hand right down the bell of the brass trumpet and giggle because he got it stuck lol he had no idea that he had to push the valves down and there was no way he was going to be able to pick it up as it was very heavy. He had a play with the bongos and the mouth organ and stared at the other little boy while he played with the organ and made noises with it.
After 3 hours it was a wrap
It’s not a definite that Oliver will make it to the final cut of the commercial, i will keep my fingers crossed but if i was to honest to myself there was lots of other children there for the shoot and not all of them will be picked and as Oliver didnt do what he was meant to do i’m not expecting any more Congratulation emails.
I am very pleased that oliver got this far and i am very proud of him 🙂 and I can not wait to see the final Advertisement I think it’s going to be another cute and catchy one just like the others
It was Oliver’s day to attend his Cow & Gate casting for the new upcoming TV Commercial.
He was treated like a little star and reaped in all the attention he got, he loved playing with the other children and especially experimenting in the Music studio with all the buttons to push and slide.
Here he is in his outfit cheekily removing the other children’s pictures from the casting board