With Halloween coming up these scary little shortbread biscuits, shaped to look like fingers would go down well with the children and would look fabulous on any spooky table of party food.
They are easy to make so the children can join in.
- 150g Plain Flour
- 50g refined caster sugar
- 80g Butter
- drop of vanilla essence
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the caster sugar and then the butter. Cut the butter up into small pieces, it makes it easier to combine with the flour and sugar
- Using your fingers combine the mixture, by crumbling it between your fingers.
- Mould into a ball and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Divide the dough into 10 little balls.
- Shape each dough ball into a rectangle shape. Using a knife make a slit all the way down the middle and add in some strawberry jam. Mould the dough back together and into finger shape.
- Use a spoon or a knife to mark in the knuckles and use an almond piece for the finger nail. You can use a little jam to keep it in place.
- Place in the oven at 160F for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them. Remove when turning golden brown around the sides
If the fingers spread out a little whilst in the oven, remove and reshape using the edge of 2 knifes to push it back into shape.