Do your children have a pack lunch bag? Or are you just looking for somewhere to put your little snacks into?
Why not make your own little snack bag!
It is similar to the Tote lunch bag that I shared with you a couple of weeks ago but obviously smaller and a lot cuter.
You will need:
- PVC covered material
- Sewing machine, cotton and scissors
- Measuring tape, ruler
- Cut out four pieces of your material measuring 8″ x 8″, two pieces are for the outer of the snack bag and the other two are from material that you want for the lining
- At the bottom of all of the pieces mark out a square on each corner 1″ x 1″, cut out each square
- Put the two outer pieces together with the right sides touching each other and stitch down the sides DO NOT stitch around the cut out piece and then stitch along the bottom.
- On the inner lining mark along the bottom, in between the two notches, 1″ in on either side. Stitch together the sides, leave the cut out notch and then stitch from the edge of the notch to the mark and then from the mark to the edge of the notch, so that there will be a gap in the middle ( This will be where you pull the material of the bag through once finished)
Pinch the unsewn fabric together making sure that the seams meet up and stitch the edges together
On the inner lining attach the velcro in place about 0.5cm away from the edge, I used a very sticky velcro so just glued it into place
Turn the outer lining the right way round and place it inside of the inner lining, line up the seams and stitch the two edges together
Once sewn together you need to pull through the outer shell through the hole that was left at the bottom of the lining
You will be left with a little snack bag looking pretty much like this
It is the perfect size for little hands and ideal to store away snacks in when out and about town, Oliver takes his every day to his childminder and won’t eat his grapes from anything other than his snack bag now. It fits perfectly into any lunch bag/changing bag/handbag and the velcro keeps the snack secured away safely.
Hope you like it 🙂