This lovely leafy soup is flavoursome and a great way of eating your five a day. It is very filling, light and healthy.
I have recently changed my diet due to my diagnosis. All the fresh food that I buy is organic and I have cut out all added sugar produce.
- 450g fresh spinach
- 1 handful of kale
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped and diced
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Grated zest of lemon and half lemon squeezed
- 1/2 tsp of grated turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin coconut oil
- Place the onion and garlic in a pan with 1tbsp of coconut oil and cook for 1-2 minutes until the onion is soft. Add in the potatoes and fry for 1 minute. Add in the stock and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add in the spinach, kale, turmeric and lemon. Place a lid on and cook for 15 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. I like it a bit rustic so I don’t blend for too long as I think that it tastes better.
- You can freeze the soup or reheat it up and serve.
You could swirl in some cream at the end and add salt and pepper to taste or even some chilli.
Hope you like it 🙂