I love a recipe that doesn’t take too long to cook. I’m all for throwing ingredients into a pan, exploring with the textures and tastes and seeing what the final product turns out like.
Curries are not only quick to cook but are also easy. I believe you need to experiment with different flavours in order to find that perfect recipe.
This recipe is not only easy but cooked all in one pan and a great way of using up all those vegetables that are in the fridge. What’s fabulous about a vegetable curry is that anything goes, you can put in any vegetable and it will work.
- 6 big tomatoes, diced
- Half red onion, sliced and diced
- 250ml water/stock
- 3 garlic gloves, diced
- 2 small courgettes, sliced
- 2 handful of green beans, sliced
- Pack of mangetout and broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp black eyed beans
- Extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- 1tsp coriander
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp ground cardamom
- 1tsp curry/chilli powder
- Fry the onion and garlic in a pan with 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Once the onions are soft add in the tomatoes.
- The tomatoes will become soft and begin to make a sauce. Add in some of the water/stock. Stir
- Add in spices and stir. You could use garam masala paste.
- Once you have a sauce add in your choice of vegetables and cook for 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are cooked, dente.
- Sprinkle with flaked almond. Serve with rice.